We have been serving clients in and around New Bern, Morehead City, Havelock, Swansboro, Beaufort and Jacksonville for many years. As part of these solutions, we recommend the use of French drains. We offer custom solutions that suit your property and specific needs.
What Are French Drains?These installations have played a major role in landscaping projects since the mid-1800, correcting various problems with standing water. Most homeowners with basements have a French drain running along the exterior of their home’s foundation wall to help prevent basement flooding.
French Drain Installation - Our Work ProcessIf you are facing water pooling or flooding problems around the foundation of your home we can provide an effective solution for it. The work process we follow is:
- When our experts visit your location, they will first survey the entire landscape and specifically the area around the periphery of your home’s foundation.
- If it is determined that a French drain will be the best solution for the existing problem, a detailed plan and quote will be provided for your approval.
- In landscapes or residential lawns, French drains involve digging a large trench along the entire length of where water tends to pool after rainfall.
- The trench will first be lined with filter fabric (this facilitates the flow of water and helps keep the sediment out) and partially filled with gravel.
- A slotted drain pipe with a geotechnical fabric sleeve will be installed along the entire length of the trench.
- The trench will then be filled with gravel to about 4” below the ground’s surface
- A final layer of filter fabric will be applied and finished off with topsoil.
- If the trench has been dug in a landscaped area, the sod will be replaced.
Benefits of French Drain InstallationA properly installed French drain can address a number of issues such as:
- Prevents standing/pooling of water that can result in slippery surfaces
- Helps plantings and lawns thrive because they are not drowning in stagnant water
- Prevents mosquito, fungal, and bacterial infestations
- Prevents soil erosion around your home’s foundation
- Maintains the appearance and functionality of your lawn
When we handle your French drain installation job, you can rest assured that the best materials and craftsmanship will be used in the work. While we never compromise on the quality of our installations, you will find that our French drainage cost is very competitive. For any more information about our services or to discuss your project details, feel free to call Drain Rain Seamless Gutters & Exterior at 252-725-3992. You can also contact us via this Online Form.
We Proudly Provide Services in:
Feel free to contact us here at Drain Rain Seamless Gutters & Exteriors.