Waterproofing & Sealing
There certainly is some value to sealing various areas of a basement, particularly wall cracks and masonry walls. However, these rarely provide effective long-term protection from dampness and water ingress.
We at Drain Rain Seamless Gutters & Exterior have been serving clients in and around New Bern, Morehead City, Havelock, Swansboro, Beaufort and Jacksonville for many years. Our company offers custom foundation waterproofing solutions that suit your property and specific needs.
We have been operating in this industry for a number of years and know from experience that only seal-coating basements or plugging everything won’t work in isolation. These methods keep basement areas dry by preventing the water from building the pressure needed to enter these spaces in the first place. But some other installations are needed to work in tandem with these waterproofing methods. This is why basement and foundation waterproofing isn’t something you’d entrust to a novice operator.
Basement Waterproofing and Sealing - Our Work Process
- When a basement is being waterproofed, a sealant will be applied to prevent the subsurface & surface water from infiltrating the basement’s stem wall or the foundation. We handle this work very precisely, ensuring it is effective.
- The debris will be thoroughly cleared away from the stem walls and the crevices will be entirely sealed and protected.
- A French drain (drain tile) may be installed outside the foundation just below the footing. This prevents subsurface water from the surrounding areas to pool under the foundation. This installation keeps most basement areas dry and never needs replacement or maintenance.
How to Know Whether You’re Basement Needs Waterproofing?If your home’s basement is 25-30 old we recommend it be thoroughly inspected for leaks. Signs that waterproofing may be required include:
- Visible water seepage through stem wall; pay special attention to areas around the bottom/top corner where the wall meets your basement’s slab.
- High moisture content in basement areas; houses with drop floor plans are highly prone to flooding and leaks.
- Mildew or mold on the baseboards; this typically starts from the baseboard’s backside
- Outside surface grading is higher than the applied sealant or the indoor floor level.
- If you opt for an outdoor French drain, sealing the exterior of your foundation prevents water from entering the block-wall, thus, keeping the interior walls dry.
We survey the foundation and surrounding areas thoroughly before recommending the most suitable solutions. You can rest assured that the best products and workmanship will be used in the work. For any more information about our foundation waterproofing and sealing services or to discuss your project details, feel free to call Drain Rain Seamless Gutters & Exterior at 252-725-3992. You can also contact us via this Online Form.
Waterproofing Foundation and Crawlspace ServiceDrain Rain Seamless Gutter and Drainage Solutions offers quality waterproofing products to eliminate wet basements. Our products are made by Earth Contact Products (ECP), the leading manufacturer in today’s industry. Our waterproofing solutions include exterior waterproofing, interior waterproofing, sump basins, sump pits and sump pumps.
Exterior Waterproofing – To stop water from entering your basement we can install a waterproofing membrane, drainage board, drain pipe, sump basin, and sump pump.
Interior Waterproofing – A perforated drain pipe is installed inside the perimeter of the footing underneath the concrete slab. The area below the lower level is drained and a drainage pipe is attached to a sump pump.
Sump Basins – This system is located inside the sump pit and holds the actual sump pump. When water enters the basement, it collects into the sump basin and pumps outside of the home.
Sump Pits – This system has a unique bell shape that collects excess water.
Sump Pumps – They contain a redundant dual float switch, that is energy efficient, to protect the basement from flooding.
Proudly Serving New Bern, NC, Havelock, NC, Morehead City, NC, James City, NC, Greenville, NC, Fairfield Harbour, NC, Beaufort, NC, Atlantic Beach NC, Emerald Isle NC, Bridgeton, NC, Newport, NC, Swansboro, NC, Cape Carteret, NC, Cherry Point, NC and Jacksonville NC., call on your local gutter contractor company here at Drain Rain Seamless Gutters & Drainage Solutions.
We have expanded and taking new customers. We would love a call from you today, call and see what we can do for you. Whether your tastes are simple, extravagant, or anywhere in between, we can deliver the exceptional results you desire for an affordable price. We are fully insured for your protection and ours.
It's with great pleasure that we ask you for an opportunity to earn your business.
Call Today or Submit a Service Request form.
We Proudly Provide Services in:
Feel free to contact us here at Drain Rain Seamless Gutters & Exteriors.